- Senior Body
- Balance Care & Fall Risk Reduction
- Health, Wellness, & Safety Monitoring
- Senior Tablet
- In-Home Care
- Senior Care Services
- Interactive Caregiving™
- Technology Solutions
- Respite Care
- Bathing & Grooming Care
- Dementia and Alzheimer's Disease Care
- In Home Senior Care For Veterans
- Incontinence Care
- Light Housekeeping
- Companion Care
- ALS Care
- 24 Hour Home Care
- Diet & Nutrition
- End of Life Care
- Transitioning Home
A Home Care Service Provider Can Help Seniors In Wood Dale, IL Avoid Falls
Find out how aging adults in Wood Dale, IL can avoid hazardous falls with the help of Comfort Keeper's home care service.
As we age there are many things that may impact our balance. For example, many medications cause dizziness, drowsiness, and lightheadedness. Certain medical conditions, such as vertigo, ear infections, and even sinus congestion can cause seniors to lose their balance. Accidents and injuries impacting the head, ears, or standard gait also increase the risk of balance-related injuries.
If your senior loved one has issues with their balance, fall risks are probably a major concern. After all, falls are the primary cause of injury and death due to accidents in seniors over the age of 65. The good news is that Comfort Keepers home care service can help keep your senior loved one safe while maximizing their independence, freedom, and quality of life.
In addition to housekeeping and personal home care service, Comfort Keepers provides services that are designed to reduce hazards around the home. Not only does this increase senior safety, but it can increase a senior's confidence when it comes to moving about their house.
Some of Comfort Keepers balance-related services include:
- Home safety and fall-risk assessments
- Assistance with therapy and exercises designed to reduce balance problems or falls
- Mobility support and assistance in moving around the home
- Implementing or coordinating home safety improvements such as grab bars near the toilet or in the tub, raised toilet seats, and other assistive modifications
- On-call technology solutions to improve senior safety
- Nutrition and meal support to help build strength
Of course, Comfort Keepers caregivers can also perform or help with tasks that place seniors at increased risk when balance is an issue, such as tasks involving stooping, bending, reaching, climbing, and so forth.
Whether issues regarding balance are short or long-term, Comfort Keepers caregivers are ready to increase your loved one's safety and security, so they can continue to enjoy the freedom of living at home. For more information about the many ways Comfort Keepers can help your senior loved one, contact a home care service coordinator today.